Archive | true storyRSS feed for this section
The candy cube.
Most people think they are better-than-average drivers. This is obviously impossible. There have to be as many below-average drivers as above-average drivers. Investors and market analysts are no different in overestimating their abilities.
So I was late to work today because I HAD to paint my nails.
Sanity Police! Put your hands where I can see ‘em!
Of course, the final result was lovely. (And yes, my office wall is the same color as my dress.) But it took quite a while before I could settle, and as I struggled to chase the rainbow (thanks a lot, Skittles), I found myself thinking of Lucy McRae.
Let’s face it: I am what I am. I still wander the streets and stare at people. I watch sun-slicked tourists holding hands and sling sandy kids over their shoulders. I watch them eat sushi at sidewalk tables like a giant, underfed pigeon. I still stand by the ocean and listen to the whispering tide. I still feel the world like a cocoon around us: swaddling lovers on empty dunes, teens around a stolen spliff, a drunk wandering past the tiki bar. I stand at the lip of the surf and feel water run across my feet, bubble and foam in the moonlight.
- Trash Bag Purses AKA Derelique Chic September 9, 2010
- The Internet Is an Appropriate Place to Garner Pity September 15, 2010
- Welcome to My Quarter-Life Crisis November 22, 2009
- The Grapes of Wreath January 23, 2012
- The Sartorialist (This One’s For the Ladies) January 13, 2011
- Writing, Reflection & One Resolution for 2013 December 31, 2012
- Publishing Person of the Year: Whoever Wrote Fifty Shade of Gray December 18, 2012
- 3 Ways to Expand Your Literary Network November 26, 2012
- This is the paaaaaaart of me where I publish something in an honest-to-God newspaper November 12, 2012
- Your Costume is…the Grinch October 20, 2012